- Who are the Charleston Elves?
- We are a group of volunteers within the Charleston community who are committed to giving needy children a special Christmas.
- How do I sponsor a child and become a Charleston Elf?
Sign up to be a Charleston Elf by clicking on the following link: Become an Elf. Choose the children you want to sponsor, provide the required information and then follow the steps required to sponsor a child.
- What are an Elf’s responsibilities?
Sponsor a child’s Christmas and attend the gift wrapping party or drop the unwrapped gifts off at one of the designated drop off locations, if the Elf can’t attend the gift wrapping party.
- What is Courageous Kidz?
Courageous Kidz is a community that strives to be a Safe Haven for Kids with Cancer. We understand that cancer is so much more than a disease. We believe that the child has the disease, the family has the cancer. The doctors are a there to treat the disease. We’re here to treat everything else. At Courageous Kidz, our children find a family where everyone understands their problems, where no one asks questions, where they can be wonderfully normal. For more information courageouskidz.org
- How are the children selected for sponsorship?
- The children are cancer patient or sibling of a cancer patient and are part of the Courageous Kidz organization. The children were also selected because of their family financial situation.
- How are the gifts delivered to the children?
After the gift wrapping party, a few volunteers will deliver the gifts to the Courageous Kidz. If you are interested in joining us for the delivery of gifts, please email Greg Pressley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Can I help deliver gifts to the Courageous Kidz?
Yes, please email Santa at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Can I sponsor with a friend?
- Yes, if you feel you need help sponsoring your child and know another person that would like to help, you are an Elf now! You can deputize a fellow Elf! Feel the power?
- When and where is the gift wrapping party?
Location: Smoke BBQ, 713 Coleman Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464, Phone: (843) 936 - 2027. Website: http://smokebbq.kitchen/ Date: Saturday, December 16, 2017 Time: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- How much should I spend on a child’s Christmas?
- It is up to the each individual Elf to decide how many gifts to give and how much to spend. Please know when you choose to sponsor a child, you are choosing to sponsor that child’s entire Christmas.
- What if I can’t attend the gift wrapping party but still want to become a Charleston Elf?
If an elf cannot attend the gift wrapping party, please drop your gifts off at one of the following locations by Friday, Dec. 15th at noon. Be sure to label the gifts with your name and the name of the child you sponsored.
Bell Hall Shopping Center
644 Longpoint Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
115 River Landing Drive
Charleston, SC 29403
- How do I make a financial contribution to sponsor a Courageous Kidz?
Visit our Donate page to make a donation.
- How are donations to sponsor a Courageous Kidz used?
- 100% of all donations collected will go directly to purchasing gifts for a Courageous Kidz.
If you have a question that is not answered above, please contact us or call Santa at 678-296-9639.